My Website:

My Website:
Click to access my website

My Music Video

Thursday 9 November 2017

My Breakfast Show Segment

1. Did you fulfill all the content requirements; both in terms of including all the correct features and as well as the actual choices made.
Harvey and I included 10 second clips from both songs that we chose: Ciao Adios by Anne-Marie and Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran. Both songs are by British artists and mainstream tracks. We also played three jingles which we made ourselves by finding audio clips on YouTube and speaking over them as we played them into my phone where we recorded it. Our two news headlines were also topical and relevant to the whole of the Latymer community and we had a short promo for Mr Pashley. Our celebrity gamble segment was upbeat and included some audience interaction from both a phone-in guest and social media responses.

2. Have you nailed the conventions and style of Nick Grimshaw and the Radio 1 Breakfast Show?

There was some banter between Harvey's characters of Dave (the member of the public who called in) and himself as the news reader, which is conventional on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. Like Grimshaw, I was very enthusiastic and loud and the general show was upbeat and reasonably fast-paced.

3. How well did you manage your running order and timings?

Despite only having one practise take and a very minimalistic script, we managed the running order and timings quite well. Harvey loaded our opening song 'Ciao Adios' and the drumroll sound effect on an iPad and 'Galway Girl' on his phone as I talked. All of the jingles were on my phone and we played them live, according to the running order which we passed between us. To cut down on time, we had a dodgy segment between the celebrity gamble with Dave and the news with Harvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment