My Website:

My Website:
Click to access my website

My Music Video

Thursday 18 January 2018

1. How I intend to fulfil the requirements of the brief I have chosen

I will explicitly follow the demands of the brief in order to successfully create my two distinct yet linked TV adverts.

I will create two television adverts featuring a new unisex deodorant called WAVE, lasting exactly 30 seconds each (60 seconds in total.) To ensure that I advertise the deodorant as unisex, I will feature both females and males characters, which will allow me to target the 16-25 year old male and female demographic across both adverts. I hope to make my characters seem both aspirational and relatable to this target audience, by casting actors of the demographic. To ensure that the adverts are suitable for prime-time E4, weekdays 7-9pm (pre-watershed), I will adhere to the rules and regulations of the ASA and look at other adverts with similar target audiences, to inspire my own thoughts.

The brief also outlines Wave's active, youthful and unisex brand identity, which I will portray through the narrative of my characters' lifestyles. Moreover, to keep a strong and consistent brand identity, I will use the same written text on screen for both my adverts, featuring the product name and same slogan. To keep my young adult audience entertained and engaged, I will use techniques such as generic hybridity, humour and emotional appeal. These could be portrayed through my use of a range of camera distances, angles and movement as well as the editing of footage and sound and soundtrack, which will also be chosen to fit the brand identity and the conventions of television adverts. As my advert will feature original materials only, I will also create a soundtrack that includes voice, sound effects and appropriately edited copyright-free music in my adverts to make them memorable. I am planning to find the copyright-free music on the 'Audio Library - No Copyright Music' YouTube channel to ensure that I do not breach any regulations regarding music ownership. My adverts will also clearly identify the product (deodorant) both during and at the end to ensure that the audience will associate Wave's brand from my advert onto the product itself, when they see it in shops.

To differentiate my TV adverts, I will use two different settings across them, in both interior (more relatable) locations at home and exterior (more aspirational and recognisable) locations in central London. I will also use at least two different characters representing two different social groups to ensure that my advert is appealing to the entirety of my TA.

This is the initial mood board I created to begin generating ideas for my advert. I included images and text to do with my TA's hobbies and interests, the TV channel where my advert will be shown and print adverts advertising other personal hygiene products. Although my idea didn't eventually relate to sport, this helped me to think about my audience.


I have made timelines of both of my adverts which will work to fulfill the requirements of the brief. The first advert features a male protagonist while the second features a female protagonist although I have included multiple people of each gender to appeal to my demographic of "16-25 year old males and females."


No comments:

Post a Comment