My Website:

My Website:
Click to access my website

My Music Video

Friday 1 December 2017

Minecraft Pocket Edition Gameplay Video for YouTube


1. How you did it (for example, what videos did you look at, what technology did you use and how?)

I looked at DanTDM's YouTube videos for inspiration, especially his one playing Minecraft: Pocket Edition called 'Minecraft Pocket Edition | I Lost My World...' I liked his relaxed style and casual conversation that he would have that allows the audience to also be hooked on his bubbly personality as well as immersing them into the game play. I think it is very important for Minecraft YouTubers to have an interesting personality, as the viewers could otherwise just play Minecraft themselves.

I used two iPads, one to film myself with and another to "play" on, where I watched the clip that I was talking over. This allowed me to react to it in real-time and do it all in one-take, like the YouTubers would when they play the games. After recording it, I edited the two clips together on Filmmaker Pro where I inserted myself onto the other clip using the picture-in-picture setting before uploading it onto our YouTube channel.


2. How your video might attract the attention of Mojang and/or Microsoft, and how it might influence them.

My video may attract the attention of Mojang and Microsoft as, by playing Minecraft: Pocket Edition, I am essentially advertising the game for the company. As well as this, this video may attract their attention as it is child-friendly and doesn't feature any swearing or violent acts (that Microsoft would be against as they are aware of their young audience.) This video may also influence Microsoft due to my constructive criticism about a glitch which meant that I lost my progress on the game. After watching this video, they may become aware of this problem and try to resolve it to improve the playing experience for their fans.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work Alize! Such nice touches on the video - really good attention to detail of the conventions & terminology. Well done.

    ReplyDelete